[Pacemaker] SFEX resource agent

Priyanka Ranjan priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:37:51 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM, NAKAHIRA Kazutomo <
nakahira at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi, Ranjan
>
> > <instance_attributes id="primitive_sfex-instance_attributes">
> >  <nvpair id="nvpair-836151d6-d2bc-4534-b6ec-7457a4706f8f"
> >   name="device" value="/dev/sde"/>
> > </instance_attributes>
>
> The "device" attribute value must be sfex partition name
> like a "/dev/sde1". That is not device name like a "/dev/sde".

Thanks Nakahira and Lars,
sfex is running fine now. i was missing  this " /usr/sbin/sfex_init -n 10
/dev/sde1".

can we create volumegroup or filesystem  on this sfex device. i tried but
the sfex daemon failed

other thing i would like to ask is i understand that sfex daemon grants
exclusive access of sfex device to  a node (on which sfex is running)  but
even then some malicious application from other node can still access the
sfex device right??
 from these malicious application i mean some other application which does
not belong to cluster in anyways.

Regards,