[Pacemaker] i am very confused

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 06:41:32 EST 2009

Thanks Lars for reply

> It is not supported via fencing.
>

> You have the choice of using a "poison pill" approach, as described on
> http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing - or using the scsi2reservation or
> sfex resource agents to ensure exclusive access (but in that case, you
> have to set stonith-enabled=false as you are using resource fencing).

1) well i guess SBD is bit different thing , it cannot be used for general
data sharing purpose. i cant store my data on SBD disk and all members of
cluster can access SBD at same time Please correct me if i am wrong. i am
new to openais-pacemaker.

2) scsi2reservation is not good as it does not provide persistent
reservation. a node who is having reservation will loose it after a reboot.
i want something like persistent reservation (sg_persist) . RHCS provide
persistent reservation through sg_persist.

3)well regarding sfex , just saw it's document it seems i can use it for
general data store purpose.. does the ownership  does not gets effected
during reboots?

4) do you mean when i need to use any of these three SBD , scsi2reservation
or sfex i will have to set stonith = disable??  cant i have both resource
and node fencing together?

Thanks a lot again.
Regards,