[Pacemaker] i am very confused

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Feb 18 04:57:14 EST 2009

On 2009-02-17T17:26:10, Glory Smith <xx2glory at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help .

It is considered polite to NOT spam a mailing list with 3 hourly
reminders - people are in different timezones. And also the subject of
your mail is correct, a more relevant one would be appreciated ;-)

> > I am really very confused. I had few discussions on Persistent reservation
> > but didnot get any clear answer.
> >
> > i just need one answer. does Suse 11 openais-pacemaker cluster support
> > Persistent Reservation fencing as RHCS does.
> > if yes then which stonith should be used for this.

It is not supported via fencing.

You have the choice of using a "poison pill" approach, as described on
http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing - or using the scsi2reservation or
sfex resource agents to ensure exclusive access (but in that case, you
have to set stonith-enabled=false as you are using resource fencing).

Regards,
    Lars