[Pacemaker] exclusive activation of Volume Group

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 04:10:45 EST 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Romi Verma wrote:

> Hi All,
> i have just configured LVM resouce agent in pacemaker cluster.  i am
> kind of suprised as it is not taking care of exclusive activation.
> am i missing something or LVM Resouce agent is written in this way
> only. can anyone put some light here.

You'll have to do better with the question first.

By "exclusive activation" you mean that the cluster only starts it in
one place?

The cluster goes to great lengths to ensure this and (except for
cloned resources) normally when resources "appear" to be active on
multiple nodes either the script is broken or the admin has configured
the nodes to start it at boot.

But we'd need more than a vague question to be able to comment further.