[Pacemaker] Seriously, what's up with the releases?

Nikola Ciprich extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Mon Feb 16 08:18:23 EST 2009

Hi Andrew,
I've been forced to install latest 1.0 snapshot to one of production servers
since pingd in 1.0.1 was unusable for me. So I'm already testing what's going
to be 1.0.2 release :)
Everything works as expected (even the pingd with multiple NICs).

But today I noticed that there might be one more problem with pingd, it seems
to be leaking memory somewhere :(
on my testing machine, pingd uses (I mean RSS, not VIRT) ~160M RAM, and on
production machine it is already ~360MB, which is quite a lot for small pinging
daemon :)
If You have time, could You have a look at it? I'll gladly provide You with
more information if needed.
with best regards
nik

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 06:04:12PM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Its probably been noticed that I haven't been around much lately, and
> that the December release is overdue - to put it politely.
>
> Rest assured I'm still here working overtime on Pacemaker, but my
> contractual obligation to get the cluster stack ready for SLES11 are
> taking up most of my time at the moment.
>
> It also hasn't helped that my test cluster kept throwing up new and
> exciting errors that CTS (not Pacemaker) wasn't equipped to handle -
> such as syslog logging with the pre-dhcp-assigned hostname :-/
>
> Which of course doesn't help those of you hitting bugs in 1.0.1 that I
> fixed ages ago.
>
> So what I propose to do is, now that CTS is running smoothly again, run
> the regression tests on Monday/Tuesday and release 1.0.2 with the caveat
> that it has only been tested on OpenAIS.  It _should_ continue to work on
> Heartbeat, there's no reason why it wouldn't, but I won't have the
> bandwidth to verify this for the next month or so.
>
> Then, with luck, it'll be back to a regular 1.0.3 in March thats been
> tested with both stacks.
>

> Of course if someone wanted to volunteer to do the testing on Heartbeat,
> that would also be a significant help :-)
>
> Andrew

Nikola CIPRICH
LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava