[Pacemaker] can any1 tell me why wc01 kind of fenced itself?

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Sun Feb 15 13:37:03 EST 2009

hi,

i had the cluster up and running (2 nodes, wc01 and wc02).

1) following recent changes to the globally-unique handling,
i reviewed all my settings and explicitly set globally-unique=false
to several resources.

2) i tried to change the logging to log to the local7 changing my
logd.cf and ha.cf configuration files on the non-dc node.

3) i configured rsyslog to redirect local7 to /var/log/ha.log and
/var/log/ha-debug.log.

4) i issued /etc/init.d/heartbeat reload

i observed the following thing:

a) the node kind of fenced itself. most programs (including ssh) got
killed. wc02 took over all resources after some time.

can any1 explain why this happened?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15