[Pacemaker] very urgent

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 04:11:02 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:40 AM, Glory Smith wrote:

> Many Thanks Andrew ,
>
> The same way heartbeat did (if you're familiar with that).
> Check out the section on STONITH in the configuration explained
> document (http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation)
>
> Unfortunetly this document's stonith chapter is blank. Anways i have
> gone through some other available materials and disussions.

check again, in the version i updated earlier this morning its no
longer blank

> According to me through STONITH , we fence (poweroff/reboot) the
> errant node. this is a way to provide node fencing and work fine. my
> concern is , does openais-pacemaker stack has something for resource
> fencing .
>
> how we will ensure that IO is blocked from errant node to shared disk.

we kill the node with STONITH.
very hard for a machine to write to shared media when its powered off.

we can kill nodes when:
- nodes become unresponsive
- nodes are not part of the cluster that has quorum
- resources fail to stop when instructed
- resources fail in any way (optional)