[Pacemaker] Few questions

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 12 04:34:36 EST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 01:45:04PM +0530, Glory Smith wrote:

> > .
> >
> > Nope. Did you follow http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing? Is the
> > sbd daemon running?
> >

> Thanks for reply Dejan.
>
> Yes i have followed http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing. i have done
> following for sbd
> daemon.
>
> */etc/sysconfig/sbd*:
>
> SBD_DEVICE="/dev/sbd"
> SBD_OPTS="-W"
>

> i have tested sbd device by sending message to another node also . it is
> working fine.
>
> this stonith is working fine when a node is loosing access to sbd device. it
> is resetting the node .  But sbd stonith is not resetting the node when  it
> becomes uncreahable or  if i kill the aisexec process on one node.
>
> i tried to execute stonith command manuallly , it is also not resetting the
> node. it is just writing reset in node's slot.
>
>  toddy:~ # stonith -t external/sbd sbd_device=/dev/sdc -T reset tejas
> sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:36 info: tejas owns slot 0
>
> sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:36 info: Writing reset to node slot tejas
>
> sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:46 info: reset successfully delivered to tejas
>

>  After this if i list the content of sbd device it is showing "reset" in
> tejas's slot.
>
> toddy:~ # sbd -d /dev/sdc list
>
> 0       tejas  reset  toddy
>
> 1       toddy  test   tejas
>

> It seems to me that sbd demon is active as i am able to send message
> to another node.

The external/sbd plugin writes the message, not the daemon. The
daemon reads it and should reset the node on the reset message.

> When sbd disk becomes inaccessible to a node , it  is resetting itself also.
>
> but i dont know the exact name of sbd demon. please let me know , then
> i will check
>
> it's status.

Not sure if I can be of help any further. The sbd daemon should
be in the process list. If it's not, then it's probably an issue
in the heartbeat init script. If it is, then the daemon itself
doesn't function. Please file a bugzilla if you think that
there's a bug.

Thanks,

Dejan