[Pacemaker] Few questions

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 03:15:04 EST 2009

> .
>
> Nope. Did you follow http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing? Is the
> sbd daemon running?

Thanks for reply Dejan.

Yes i have followed http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing. i have done
following for sbd
daemon.

*/etc/sysconfig/sbd*:

SBD_DEVICE="/dev/sbd"
SBD_OPTS="-W"

i have tested sbd device by sending message to another node also . it is
working fine.

this stonith is working fine when a node is loosing access to sbd device. it
is resetting the node .  But sbd stonith is not resetting the node when  it
becomes uncreahable or  if i kill the aisexec process on one node.

i tried to execute stonith command manuallly , it is also not resetting the
node. it is just writing reset in node's slot.

 toddy:~ # stonith -t external/sbd sbd_device=/dev/sdc -T reset tejas
sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:36 info: tejas owns slot 0

sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:36 info: Writing reset to node slot tejas

sbd[6417]: 2009/02/12_13:29:46 info: reset successfully delivered to tejas

 After this if i list the content of sbd device it is showing "reset" in
tejas's slot.

toddy:~ # sbd -d /dev/sdc list

0       tejas  reset  toddy

1       toddy  test   tejas

It seems to me that sbd demon is active as i am able to send message
to another node.

When sbd disk becomes inaccessible to a node , it  is resetting itself also.

but i dont know the exact name of sbd demon. please let me know , then
i will check

it's status.

Please help me . it is bit critical for me.