[Pacemaker] Few questions

Romi Verma romi3rdfeb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:25:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>
>  On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:09:40PM +0530, Romi Verma wrote:
>>

>>> sorry to interrupt in between. just one question from my side.  if
>>> no-quorum-policy is set to freeze then resource is not supposed to stop .
>>>

>> right.
>>
>>  in
>>> that case node will not be fenced right??
>>>

>> no-quorum-policy has nothing to do with fencing.
>>

> well, depending on what it's set to, it can prevent fencing
> (no-quorum-policy != ignore) or cause it to be initiated when quorum is lost
> (no-quorum-policy == suicide)
>
> but if you're using freeze, and a resource must stop for other reasons but
> fails to, then the node will not be shot (although it probably should be).

Thanks Andrew,

in case of more then 2 nodes we cant use no-quorum-policy to  "ignore" as we
cant just ignore quourum. as you said in case of freeze node will not be
fenced. so we have only two remaining suicide and stop. in case of suicide
node does not fence other  it just reset itself.

So the only remaining no-quorum-policy is "stop"  and if resource fails to
stop then the node should be fenced. am i right??