[Pacemaker] Few questions

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 05:34:58 EST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:09:40PM +0530, Romi Verma wrote:
>>

>> sorry to interrupt in between. just one question from my side.  if
>> no-quorum-policy is set to freeze then resource is not supposed to
>> stop .
>
> right.
>
>> in
>> that case node will not be fenced right??
>
> no-quorum-policy has nothing to do with fencing.

well, depending on what it's set to, it can prevent fencing (no-quorum-
policy != ignore) or cause it to be initiated when quorum is lost (no-
quorum-policy == suicide)

but if you're using freeze, and a resource must stop for other reasons
but fails to, then the node will not be shot (although it probably
should be).