[Pacemaker] upadeting "configuration explained" (was: Re: spilit brain situation)

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri Feb 6 08:04:14 EST 2009

Dominik Klein wrote:
> Romi Verma wrote:
>> Thanks for fast reply ,
>> Ok, Let me explain the situation. i have two nodes cluster . i pulled out
>> the network cable of one
>> node which produced spilit brain situation. this time both nodes are
>> thinking that other one is dead.  each node is thinking itself as DC and on
>> each node cluster is up and running without quorum.
>>
>> i am new to openais/pacemaker so dont know much but according to some
>> documents it seems by default no-quorum-policy is  to "stop" the cluster. i
>> have not specified any no-quorum-policy that's why i expect that my cluster
>> should stop if it looses quorum somehow.
>
> The "stop" refers to the resources. policy=stop on a node with no quorum
> means: do not run any resources.
>
> "ignore" would mean: run resources even though we don't have quorum
> (like the old heartbeat behaviour would be)
>
> "freeze" would mean: run and manage what you did run up to this point,
> but don't aquire any other resources.

i think it would be good to include suicide (why is this not mentioned?)
and add this description to the "configuration explained" document.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15