[Pacemaker] spilit brain situation

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Fri Feb 6 04:00:09 EST 2009

Romi Verma wrote:
> Thanks Dominic,
> i have two questions now.
>
> 1) what does no-quorum-policy= suicide means then??  does it remove the
> resource completely.

That's not documented and I don't know it. Guess we need Andrew to shed
some light here.

> 2) why each node is thinking itsef as DC as Andrew said after spilit brain
> election happens and one node is selected as DC. This is not happening in my
> case.

There is no such thing as a split brain election. During split brain,
nodes cannot talk to each other.

> i dont have any stonith configured in my cluster . do i need stonith to
> handle spilit brain situation.

If you do not want "ignore" to be your no-quorum-policy (which is quite
sensible) and you only have two nodes: imho yes.

Regards
Dominik