[Pacemaker] spilit brain situation

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Fri Feb 6 03:29:31 EST 2009

Romi Verma wrote:
> Thanks for fast reply ,
> Ok, Let me explain the situation. i have two nodes cluster . i pulled out
> the network cable of one
> node which produced spilit brain situation. this time both nodes are
> thinking that other one is dead.  each node is thinking itself as DC and on
> each node cluster is up and running without quorum.
>
> i am new to openais/pacemaker so dont know much but according to some
> documents it seems by default no-quorum-policy is  to "stop" the cluster. i
> have not specified any no-quorum-policy that's why i expect that my cluster
> should stop if it looses quorum somehow.

The "stop" refers to the resources. policy=stop on a node with no quorum
means: do not run any resources.

"ignore" would mean: run resources even though we don't have quorum
(like the old heartbeat behaviour would be)

"freeze" would mean: run and manage what you did run up to this point,
but don't aquire any other resources.

Regards
Dominik