[Pacemaker] [Openais] Need your help.

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Feb 3 05:35:43 EST 2009

On 2009-01-31T00:09:34, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >  one thing more can we configure a cluster having nodes which belong
> > > to different subnet.
> > You can, but there must be working multicast communication between the
> > nodes.
>  i guess default multicast ip (226.94.1.1)  will not work in this case and
> we  may need to configure different multicast ip address right.

Whether or not the multicast address provided as an example works in
that case or not depends on whether you have multicast routing/switching
on your network.

You need a different one if you're using that one for something else,
it's as simple as that ;-)

> what is the command to execute pacemaker-pygui.

hb_gui. But please, simply use "rpm -ql" and find out what's included in
a package, or try reading the docs.

> one more question, As you said earlier ,that openAIS doesnot support any R.A
> but it can take R.A from different providers like heartbeat.  is there any
> plan for openAIS to support R.A in future. It seems to me tha openAIS is
> going to replace heartbeat so openAIS should have it's own R.A .

openAIS is merely a cluster infrastructure layer. It doesn't include RAs
nor should it do so. Those are coming from different packages/projects.

Regards,
    Lars