[Pacemaker] STONITH

Priyanka Ranjan priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 12:54:41 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] <r.bhatia at ipax.at>wrote:

> Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 09:16, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> hi ,
> >> i want to configure STONITH in my two nodes openais (suse 11) cluster. i
> am
> >> looking for a doucment on this. i saw Configuration 1.0 Explained on
> >> clusterlab site but unfortunately the stonith section does not have any
> >> information. if any one can send me a link , it will be very helpful.
> >>

> >> if no such good document is available , can anyone send me steps for
> >> configuring STONITH . do we configure clone .
> >>
> >>  i am interested in suicide STONITH , i am running two STONITH suicide
> >> resouces as clone on both nodes but when i am bringing dowin the network
> >> interface on a node it is not being reset.
> >
> > why would it?
> >
> > the node has no reason to kill itself (it cannot differentiate between
> > the other side being dead and a network failure).
> > and since the network is down, neither side can contact the other to
> > tell it that it should die.

 network interface is down on only one node hence only one node is offline.
other node is online
so the node which is online knows that something happened to first node and
it is not reachable.

ok , i am bit confused here . can you tell me the scenario when node reset
will happen in case of STONITH suicide.

can we monitor STONITH resource.

> what about connecting this to a pingd resource?

could you please explain more how to connect it to pingd resource.