[Pacemaker] Re: Pacemaker 0.7.3 won't let me delete resources

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 25 11:34:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:03:37PM +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Bruno Voigt wrote:
>
>> Ok, I just found out, that I have to delete the constraints before.
>> A better error message would be great.

A bit of advertisement for the cli (I need guniea pigs too :)

If you use the new CRM CLI interface (aka crm), it will delete
all the constraints which reference the resource you want to
delete:

# crm
crm(live) # configure delete hbtest1a

or:

# crm configure delete hbtest1a

> Its enforced by the XML schema - and it's errors are notoriously bad.
> All the cluster knows is that the schema rejected the change.

and unfortunately it doesn't look like it can be easily fixed :(