[Pacemaker] crm subshell 1.2.4 incompatible to pacemaker 1.1.9?

George G. Gibat ggibat at gibat.com
Tue May 14 17:46:59 EDT 2013

I know this is not the way to respond, but I honestly did look at where I posted to see how to do an update and could not find it
at all.

thanks for all the help it did help and we found that one of the installers had not used the crm console, once we installed that
an went back through the commands everything started to work better, I was then able to fix the last few problem they had. at
least I hope so, we will know for sure tomorrow when drbd is through with the sync.

again thanks for the help

On 2013-05-14 21:15, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, 21:59:50 schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 01:53:11PM +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
>
>>> Hi,
>

>>> crm tells me it is version 1.2.4
>
>>> pacemaker tell me it is verison 1.1.9
>

>>> So it should work since incompatibilities are resolved in crm higher that
>
>>> version 1.2.1. Anywas crm tells me nonsense:
>

>>> # crm
>
>>> crm(live)# node
>
>>> crm(live)node# standby node1
>
>>> ERROR: bad lifetime: node1
>

>> Your node is not named node1.
>
>> check: crm node list
>

> No it is "node1"
>
> crm node list shows the correct name. crm node standby <TAB> does not show any suggestions.
>

>> Maybe a typo, maybe some case-is-significant nonsense,
>
>> maybe you just forgot to use the fqdn.
>
>> maybe the check for "is this a known node name" is (now) broken?
>

> Yes. See my bug report.
>

>> standby with just one argument checks if that argument
>
>> happens to be a known node name,
>
>> and assumes that if it is not,
>
>> it "has to be" a lifetime,
>
>> and the current node is used as node name...
>

> I know. Command with lifetime works. Plain command "standby" works. Command with node name does not work.
>

> --
>
> Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
>
> Guardinistr. 63
>
> 81375 München
>

> Tel: (0162) 1650044
>
> Fax: (089) 620 304 13

> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs:
> http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

- --

George Gibat, Technical Director, CCNP, MSCE, CISSP, CNE
TTFN
PGP public key - http://www.gibat.com/ggibat-pub.asc

Gibat Enterprises, Inc
Connecting you to the world (R)
Your Portal to the Future (R)

http://www.gibat.com
http://www.spi.net
817.265.9962
9260 Walker Rd.
Ovid, MI 48866

The information contained in and transmitted with this email is or may be
confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the individual or
entity designated. You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, use of or reliance upon the information contained in
and transmitted with this email by or to anyone other than the intended
recipient designated by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender at
(817)265-9962. Any email erroneously transmitted to you should be
immediately deleted.