[Pacemaker] known problem with corosync 1.4.1 on centos64 ?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Jun 23 20:35:24 EDT 2013

On 22/06/2013, at 5:13 AM, Andreas Mock <Andreas.Mock at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> my two cents to your questions:
>
> a) If you want to learn most, take any distro and compile the components from
> source and afterwards use them. => Most learned.

Well, yes, but not always about clustering and not always things that couldn't have been learned from reading the docs (and staying awake).

> b) I don't know how others think about it: But I use a cluster to try to increase uptime.
> If I know that a disto's component is buggy causing failures while doing the first steps
> with a more or less standard config (corosync/pacemaker/drbd + some service) I have
> two choices when I have to stick to a distro's repos:
> 1) Take the next step distro…6.4 in your case.

Absolutely.

> But it can have bugs too.

True, but they might not be ones that affect you.

> 2) Ask why it is important to stick to the ditro's repos with a certain software stack.

The answer should be "support".
IMHO, you should obtain the packages from whoever is going to be supplying it (otherwise you're making it impossible for them to help).

If you're here, I'd suggest upstream packages unless you're using a paid-for distro like RHEL or SLES.