[Pacemaker] known problem with corosync 1.4.1 on centos64 ?

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Fri Jun 21 15:13:40 EDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

my two cents to your questions:

a) If you want to learn most, take any distro and compile the components
from

source and afterwards use them. => Most learned.

b) I don't know how others think about it: But I use a cluster to try to
increase uptime.

If I know that a disto's component is buggy causing failures while doing the
first steps

with a more or less standard config (corosync/pacemaker/drbd + some service)
I have

two choices when I have to stick to a distro's repos:

1) Take the next step distro
6.4 in your case. But it can have bugs too.

2) Ask why it is important to stick to the ditro's repos with a certain
software stack.

In your case I don't know why it is "allowed" to build drbd from source and
it's not

"allowed" to build the cluster stack from source. Especially while getting
the feet wet

with corosync/pacemaker and all the stuff is much more effort compared to
the effort

understanding, configuring and maintaining a cluster.

My policy is also to keep as close as possible to the distro's repos. But
when

I need a newer or more stable version of a software, I have to use it.

Best regards

Andreas