[Pacemaker] group resource starting parallel

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Thu Jun 6 03:01:33 EDT 2013

Le 05/06/2013 16:23, Wolfgang Routschka a écrit :
> Hi Guys,
>
> one question about group  resource for starting parallel configuring with crmshell (Scientific Linux 64
> with pacemaker 1.1.8-7, cman-3.0.12.1-49 and crmsh-1.2.5-55).
>
> in my 2 node cluster I´ll configured a group with 40 ip-address resources for easy managing. Now I want that
> start the resources parallel.
>
> in my crmshell I cannot use the option "meta ordered=false"  - these option is no longer disponse for my information
>
> Afte searching i found "resource sets" so I hope it´s correct for my way  to parallel my resources but I
> can´t configure resource sets in crmshell in my opinion.
>
> How can I configure my resources to start parallel?
>
> Greetings Wolfgang

Well, as one the primary author of pacemaker once said[1] "Unordered
and/or uncolocated groups are an abomination."

I don't know if his position has moved but a group beeing a syntaxic
shortcut for ordering+collocation, trying to make it behave otherwise
might not be a good idea, even if I understand your need to address a
group of 40 resources in a command.

Question: the couple seconds (if not a single second) required to start
synchronously 40 IPaddr2 RA are too long to wait for you ? Why do you
/must/ start them in parallel ?

[1] -
http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2011-January/008969.html

--