[Pacemaker] Release candidate: 1.1.10-rc3

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jun 6 00:29:56 EDT 2013

On 05/06/2013, at 8:59 PM, Andreas Mock <Andreas.Mock at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> waiting for the RHEL 6.x build of pacemaker 1.1.10 I want to ask
> whether there can be done something for finding the memory leaks.
> If so, than explain the steps needed in detail. Currently there
> are two real clusters available to do testing.
>
> (Questions: Do you need logs? Debug-Log? Some excerpt? Shall we look
> for certain patterns?)

Some clue where to look basically.
My testing didn't show anything, valgrind didn't show anything... but some users still report growth.

The definition of growth is specifically changes to Private_Dirty in the [heap] section when comparing with older copies of /proc/`pidof crmd`/smaps

Make sure to have:

export G_SLICE=always-malloc

in /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker before beginning testing.