[Pacemaker] Wrong system send arp reply when using IPaddr

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Apr 9 19:18:07 EDT 2013

On 10/04/2013, at 8:51 AM, David Coulson <david at davidcoulson.net> wrote:

> On 4/7/13 10:29 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>> Really really weird, I've got nothing :(
> We've added SPANs on the switches for the two boxes in the cluster, so we can hopefully at least identify that the ARP frame didn't come from them. Of course, we've not had an occurrence of it in almost a month (even though we have rebooted systems and manually migrated resources to rearrange it all), so still in the dark.
>
> On a different, yet obviously related note, is there a document somewhere that describes the specific Pacemaker configs which are supported in RHEL6.3/6.4? We'll be moving these systems to 6.4 in the summer (once we figure out how much you guys broke after 6.3 ;-) so curious how it will be supported :)

Pacemaker is not supported in 6.3 and all I am allowed to say at this point[1] is that your configuration isn't supportable for 6.4
Not because you've configured anything wrong/badly, but because a specific application is not present.

However, if I can find a way to make any bug you find applicable to the supported use case, then there is a chance I can still get it fixed in a z-stream update.  Since all resources look the same to Pacemaker, if you squint the right way, thats _almost_ like being supported for the general case.

[1] Yes, this is highly annoying for me also. I have been pushing for a public announcement so I can end the double-speak.