[ClusterLabs] How to cancel a fencing request?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Mon Apr 9 18:14:23 EDT 2018

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 16:59:21 -0500
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-04-03 at 21:33 +0200, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
[...]
> > > The latter -- you're correct, the node is already unclean by that
> > > time.
> > > Since the stop did not succeed, the node must be fenced to continue
> > > safely.
> >
> > Thank you for this clarification.
> >
> > Do you want to patch to add this clarification to the documentation ?
>
> Sure, it never hurts :)

I realize this is not as clear as I thought in my mind.

* who holds the action for some time? crmd or stonithd?
* in a two node cluster in fencing race, if one node is killed, what happen to
  its fencing query that was on hold? I suppose it will be overwrite with the
  new CIB version from the other node once it join the cluster again?

Thanks,