[ClusterLabs] Possible idea for 2.0.0: renaming the Pacemaker daemons

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Fri Apr 6 03:14:39 EDT 2018

Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com> writes:

> One thing I thought over as well is some kind of
> a chicken & egg issue arising when you want to
> use the syncing-mechanism so setup (bootstrap)
> the cluster.
> So something like the ssh-mechanism pcsd is
> using might still be needed.
> The file-syncing approach would have the data
> easily available locally prior to starting the
> actual cluster-wide syncing.
>
> Well ... no solutions or anything ... just
> a few thoughts I had on that issue ... 25ct max ;-)

Bootstrapping is a problem I've thought about quite a bit.. It's
possible to implement in a number of ways, and it's not clear what's the
better approach. But I see a cluster-wide configuration database as an
enabler for better bootstrapping rather than a hurdle. If a new node
doesn't need a local copy of the database but can access the database
from an existing node, it would be possible for the new node to
bootstrap itself into the cluster with nothing more than remote access
to that database, so a single port to open and a single authentication
mechanism - this could certainly be handled over SSH just like pcsd and
crmsh implements it today.

But yes, at some point there needs to be communication channel opened..

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com