[ClusterLabs] Possible idea for 2.0.0: renaming the Pacemaker daemons

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Apr 3 02:33:45 EDT 2018

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

>> would vote against PREFIX-configd as compared to other cluster
>> software,
>> I would expect that daemon name to refer to a more generic cluster
>> configuration key/value store, and that is something that I have some
>> hope of adding in the future ;) So I'd like to keep "config" or
>> "database" for such a possible future component...
>
> What's the benefit of another layer over the CIB?

The idea is to provide a more generalized key-value store that other
applications built on top of pacemaker can use. Something like a
HTTP REST API to a key-value store with transactional semantics provided
by the cluster. My understanding so far is that the CIB is too heavy to
support that kind of functionality well, and besides that the interface
is not convenient for non-cluster applications.

My most immediate applications for that would be to build file syncing
into the cluster and to avoid having to have an extra communication
layer for the UI.

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--