[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.18 deprecation warnings

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 10:59:05 EDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-19 at 10:18 +0300, Klechomir wrote:
> Hi Ken,
> Any plans that there will be "lost monitoring request" handling (an
> added
> syntax) in 2.0?
>
> Regards,
> Klecho

2.0 will be about removing legacy syntax rather than adding new
features. The X.Y.Z version numbering policy will become:

X (major): changes that prevent at least some rolling upgrades

Y (minor): changes that don't break any rolling upgrades but require
closer user attention (changes in configuration defaults, tool
behavior, and/or public C API)

Z (minor-minor): backward-compatible changes (features and bug fixes)

So, we can add new (backward-compatible) features in any release.

Specifically to your question, what do you mean by "lost monitoring
request"? If you mean the ability to ignore a certain number of failed
monitors before recovering, there are plans for that, but it will be
later than 2.0.

--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>