[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.18 deprecation warnings

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 10:48:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-19 at 15:28 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 19/09/17 08:45 +0200, Klaus Wenninger wrote:
> > We could as well deprecate use of CRM_NOTIFY_* in alert-agents.
> > Just don't know an easy way of writing out a deprecation warning
> > upon a script using one of these.

I considered dropping support for CRM_notify_* in 2.0, but I think we
want to retain compatibility with scripts that people wrote for crm_mon
-E (which itself will not be deprecated this go-around either). I think
I'd rather wait for a future Pacemaker 2.x to break those, since alerts
are still relatively new to users.

The notification-agent/notification-recipient syntax is different,
since it was never released upstream.

> Rename to CRM_NOTIFY_DEPRECATED_* to allow emergency sed-based
> re-enabling in script-based notification agents (100% now?)
> while getting a clear message wrt. future across?

Not necessary, it's equally easy to s/CRM_notify_/CRM_alert_/g

--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>