[ClusterLabs] Moving PAF to clusterlabs ?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Wed Sep 13 10:25:56 EDT 2017

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 22:41:47 +0200
Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund at suse.com> wrote:

> Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr at dalibo.com> writes:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am currently thinking about moving the RA PAF (PostgreSQL Automatic
> > Failover) out of the Dalibo organisation on Github. Code and website.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Note that part of the project (some perl modules) might be pushed to
> > resource-agents independently, see [2]. Two years after, I'm still around on
> > this project. Obviously, I'll keep maintaining it on my Dalibo's and
> > personal time.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Hi,
>
> I for one would be happy to see it included in the resource-agents
> repository. If people are worried about the additional dependency on
> perl, we can just add a --without-perl flag (or something along those
> lines) to the Makefile.

You are taking about the modules right?

> We already have different agents for the same application but with
> different contexts so this wouldn't be anything new.

You are talking about integrating PAF itself now, right? :)

Pushing PAF in resource-agents is challenging in regard with:

  * disabling perl from autoconfig?
  * OCF_Directories.pm generation from autoconfig? The current generation is a
    ugly hack around "$OCF_ROOT/lib/heartbeat/ocf-directories"
  * changing the RA script name?
  * moving the existing PAF documentation somewhere (currently hosted in gh
    pages)

I'm not used to autoconfig, but I can give it a try.

Based on the feedback, I would make a move request of the repo to clusterlabs or
create a new branch in resource-agents to start working on the integration.

Thanks!
--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo