[ClusterLabs] can't create master/slave resource

Tiemen Ruiten t.ruiten at rdmedia.com
Tue Sep 19 11:13:29 EDT 2017

Hello,

We have a 3-node cluster (CentOS 7.4) with several systemd resources
configured. One of them I would like to create as a master/slave resource,
so following the RedHat documentation:

pcs resource create ivr systemd:japp at ivr - works, the service is started on
one of the nodes.
pcs resource master ivr-master ivr - doesn't work as expected: the service
is stopped and the output of pcs resource show doesn't list it anymore.
However, if I try the command again, I get an error saying the resource ivr
already exists! I have to delete the resource and recreate it to get the
service to run.

pacemaker-libs-1.1.16-12.el7_4.2.x86_64
pacemaker-cluster-libs-1.1.16-12.el7_4.2.x86_64
pacemaker-1.1.16-12.el7_4.2.x86_64
pacemaker-cli-1.1.16-12.el7_4.2.x86_64
corosynclib-2.4.0-9.el7_4.2.x86_64
corosync-2.4.0-9.el7_4.2.x86_64