[ClusterLabs] IPMI and APC switched PDUs fencing agents

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 7 13:08:54 EDT 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the info. More inline below.

* Marek Grac <mgrac at redhat.com> [20170607 04:10]:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin <
> Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Starting to configure a two-nodes cluster, runnning Debian Jessie 8.8
> > Stack: corosync, pacemaker version 1.1.15-e174ec8.
> >
> > I'm confused with the different fencing agents related to IMPI, it seems
> > that there are a few: external/ipmi, fence_ipmilan, ipmilan.  Right now
> > I'm using external/ipmi which seems to do the job as far as the little
> > testing I've done. But can someone explain in what the other agents
> > differ?
> >

> In general, they are almost same as they are using ipmitool binary. There
> are few differences, e.g. better configurability or some specific features
> but as long as your agent works there is no reason to change it.
>

> > I also have 2 switched PDUs, APC AP7921 that I plan to use as second
> > stonith devices. Any hints and best practice, docs on how to make this
> > work in conjonction with the IPMI fencing agent.
> >

> Take a look at
>
> http://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Configure_Multiple_Fencing_Devices_Using_pcs
>
> if you are using crm, the syntax will differ but the idea will be the same.

Thanks, I've found the equivalent for crm, which I'm using:
http://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Configure_Multiple_Fencing_Devices_Using_crm

I have exactly the same setup, IPMI and 2 switched PDUs, dual PSUs on
each node.

I'm having some difficulties understanding the fencing_topology syntax.
Making the changes adapted for my local configuration I get the error
when trying to add the fence topology:

~# crm configure fencing_topology antonio: fence_antonio_ipmi fence_antonio_psu1_off,fence_antonio_psu2_off,fence_antonio_psu1_on,fence_antonio_psu2_on \
leonato: fence_leonato_ipmi fence_leonato_psu1_off,fence_leonato_psu2_off,fence_leonato_psu1_on,fence_leonato_psu2_on
WARNING: fencing_topology: target antonio not a node
WARNING: fencing_topology: target antonio not a node
WARNING: fencing_topology: target leonato not a node
WARNING: fencing_topology: target leonato not a node

What should I use for the <node> in:

fencing_topology <stonith_resources> [<stonith_resources> ...]
fencing_topology <fencing_order> [<fencing_order> ...]

fencing_order :: <target> <stonith_resources> [<stonith_resources> ...]

stonith_resources :: <rsc>[,<rsc>...]
target :: <node>: | attr:<node-attribute>=<value>

Thanks,
jf