[ClusterLabs] what is the best practice for removing a node temporary (e.g. for installing updates) ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 19 11:23:49 EDT 2017

Hi,

what would you consider to be the best way for removing a node temporary from the cluster, e.g. for installing updates ?
I thought "crm node maintenance node" would be the right way, but i was astonished that the resources keep running on it. I would have expected that the resources stop.
I think "/etc/init.d/openais stop" seems to be a good solution. The resources are stopped and eventually moved to the other node, then i can install updates, change hardware ... and reboot it afterwards.

Or prefer "crm node standby" ?

Thanks.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

no backup - no mercy

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671