[ClusterLabs] Two nodes cluster issue

Tomer Azran tomer.azran at edp.co.il
Mon Jul 24 07:51:29 EDT 2017

Hello,

We built a pacemaker cluster with 2 physical servers.
We configured DRBD in Master\Slave setup, a floating IP and file system mount in Active\Passive mode.
We configured two STONITH devices (fence_ipmilan), one for each server.

We are trying to simulate a situation when the Master server crushes with no power.
We pulled both of the PSU cables and the server becomes offline (UNCLEAN).
The resources that the Master use to hold are now in Started (UNCLEAN) state.
The state is unclean since the STONITH failed (the STONITH device is located on the server (Intel RMM4 - IPMI) - which uses the same power supply).

The problem is that now, the cluster does not releasing the resources that the Master holds, and the service goes down.

Is there any way to overcome this situation?
We tried to add a qdevice but got the same results.

We are using pacemaker 1.1.15 on CentOS 7.3

Thanks,
Tomer.