[ClusterLabs] resource group vs colocation

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 17:13:08 EDT 2017

On 04/27/2017 02:02 PM, lejeczek wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> I have a group and I'm trying to colocate - sounds strange - order with
> the group is not how I want it.
> I was hoping that with colocation set I can reorder the resources - can
> I? Because .. something, or my is not getting there.
> I have within a group:
>
> IP
> mount
> smb
> IP1
>
> and I colocated sets:
>
> set IP IP1 sequential=false set mount smb
>
> and yet smb would not start on IP1. I see resource are still being order
> as they list.
>
> Could somebody shed more light on what is wrong and group vs colocation
> subject?
>
> m. thanks
> L.

A group is a shorthand for colocation and order constraints between its
members. So, you should use either a group, or a colocation set, but not
both with the same members.

If you simply want to reorder the sequence in which the group members
start, just recreate the group, listing them in the order you want. That
is, the first member of the group will be started first, then the second
member, etc.

If you prefer using sets, then don't group the resources -- use separate
colocation and ordering constraints with the sets, as desired.