[ClusterLabs] Coming in Pacemaker 1.1.17: start a node in standby

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 27 10:07:11 EDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 09:19:55AM +0200, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> > Well, you want the "persistent" setting "on",
> > and override it with a "transient" setting "off".

> Quick questions:
>
>   * is it what happen in the CIB when you call crm_standby?

crm_standby --node emma --lifetime reboot --update off
crm_standby --node emma --lifetime forever --update on

(or -n -l -v,
default node is current node,
default lifetime is forever)

>   * is it possible to do the opposite? persistent setting "off" and override it
>     with the transient setting?

see above, also man crm_standby,
which again is only a wrapper around crm_attribute.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT