[ClusterLabs] starting primitive resources of a group without starting the complete group - unclear behaviour

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Apr 21 05:38:20 EDT 2017

----- On Apr 21, 2017, at 1:24 AM, Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com wrote:

> On 04/20/2017 02:53 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:

> target-role=Stopped prevents a resource from being started.
>
> In a group, each member of the group depends on the previously listed
> members, same as if ordering and colocation constraints had been created
> between each pair. So, starting a resource in the "middle" of a group
> will also start everything before it.

What is the other way round ? Starting the first of the group ? Will the subsequent follow ?

> Everything in the group inherits this target-role=Stopped. However,
> prim_vnc_ip_mausdb has its own target-role=Started, which overrides that.
>
> I'm not sure what target-role was on each resource at each step in your
> tests, but the behavior should match that.

I have to admit that i'm struggling with the meaning of "target-role".
What does it really mean ? The current status of the resource ? The status of the resource the cluster should try
to achieve ? Both ? Nothing of this ? Could you clarify that to me ?

Thanks.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671