[ClusterLabs] Surprising semantics of location constraints with INFINITY score

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Apr 13 11:38:14 EDT 2017

kgronlund at suse.com (Kristoffer Grönlund) writes:

> I discovered today that a location constraint with score=INFINITY
> doesn't actually restrict resources to running only on particular
> nodes.

Yeah, I made the same "discovery" some time ago.  Since then I've been
using something like the following to restrict my-rsc to my-node:

<rsc_location id="restrict" rsc="my-rsc">
  <rule id="restrict-rule" score="-INFINITY">
    <expression id="restrict-rule-expr" attribute="#uname" operation="ne" value="my-node"/>
  </rule>
</rsc_location>
--
Feri