[ClusterLabs] Rename option group resource id with pcs

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 06:08:59 EDT 2017

Dne 11.4.2017 v 11:43 Dejan Muhamedagic napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:50:56AM +0200, Tomas Jelinek wrote:
>> Dne 11.4.2017 v 08:53 SAYED, MAJID ALI SYED AMJAD ALI napsal(a):
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there any option in pcs to rename group resource id?
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> No, there is not.
>>
>> Pacemaker doesn't really cover the concept of renaming a resource.
>
> Perhaps you can check how crmsh does resource rename. It's not
> impossible, but can be rather involved if there are other objects
> (e.g. constraints) referencing the resource. Also, crmsh will
> refuse to rename the resource if it's running.

Well, when the resource is not running, then it's certainly doable.

I was originally thinking about renaming a running resource. Then I
figured out we can set a restriction that only stopped resources can be
renamed. If such restriction is set, than pcs could support renaming
resources. Once we get to implement it that is.

Tomas