[ClusterLabs] Oracle resource agent failure

Jihed M'selmi jihed.mselmi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 04:15:13 EDT 2017

You can start the RA (oracle and oraclsnr) with option --debug (share the
output).
Make sure that you have the right parameter in oratab.

Cheers
Jihed Mselmi

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017, 06:54 SAYED, MAJID ALI SYED AMJAD ALI <
sayedma2 at ngha.med.sa> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to build a 2 node Active/Passive  Linux HA cluster using
> pacemaker and corosync on RHEL 7.2 using shared storage (SAN) that will be
> used for oracle database
>
> We have build LVM resource, Filesystem resource and Virtual IP.
>
> The database administrator has build  couple of  oracle db and oracle
> listener resources.
>
> All these resources are in group
>

> Resource Group: oraclegrp
>
>      vgres      (ocf::heartbeat:LVM):   Started krplporacle001
>
>      Cluster_ip (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started krplporacle001
>
>      u02        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      u03        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      u04        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      ls_testdbc (ocf::heartbeat:oralsnr):       Started krplporacle001
>
>      testdbc    (ocf::heartbeat:oracle):        Stopped
>
>      ls_samtest (ocf::heartbeat:oralsnr):       Stopped
>
>      samtest    (ocf::heartbeat:oracle):        Stopped
>

> For  testing purpose he has purposely corrupted testdbc oracle resource
> and transferred the resource to passive node.
>
> But  we are not sure if one oracle resource in group why the other is not
> starting after transferring the service
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> The logs only specify that oracle resource for testdbc is not running ,
> but it does not even attempt to start samtest?
>

> *MAJID SAYED*
>
> *HPC System Administrator.*
>
> *King Abdullah International Medical Research Centre*
>
> *Phone:+96618011111(Ext:40631)*
>
> *Email:sayedma2 at ngha.med.sa <Email%3Asayedma2 at ngha.med.sa>*
>

> ------------------------------
> This Email and any files transmitted may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named.
> If you have received this information in error, or are being posted by
> accident, please notify the sender by return Email, do not redistribute
> this email message, delete it immediately and keep no copies of it. All
> opinions and/or views expressed in this email are solely those of the
> author and do not necessarily represent those of NGHA. Any purchase order,
> purchase advice or legal commitment is only valid once backed by the signed
> hardcopy by the authorized person from NGHA.

Jihed MSELMI
RHCE, RHCSA, VCP4
10 Villa Stendhal, 75020 Paris France
Mobile: +33 (0) 753768653