[ClusterLabs] Oracle resource agent failure

Muhammad Sharfuddin M.Sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Wed Apr 5 01:53:05 EDT 2017

On 04/05/2017 09:53 AM, SAYED, MAJID ALI SYED AMJAD ALI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to build a 2 node Active/Passive  Linux HA cluster using
> pacemaker and corosync on RHEL 7.2 using shared storage (SAN) that
> will be used for oracle database
>
> We have build LVM resource, Filesystem resource and Virtual IP.
>
> The database administrator has build  couple of  oracle db and oracle
> listener resources.
>
> All these resources are in group
>
> Resource Group: oraclegrp
>
>      vgres      (ocf::heartbeat:LVM): Started krplporacle001
>
>      Cluster_ip (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started krplporacle001
>
>      u02 (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      u03 (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      u04 (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started krplporacle001
>
>      ls_testdbc (ocf::heartbeat:oralsnr):       Started krplporacle001
>
>      testdbc (ocf::heartbeat:oracle):        Stopped
>
>      ls_samtest (ocf::heartbeat:oralsnr):       Stopped
>
>      samtest (ocf::heartbeat:oracle):        Stopped
>
> For  testing purpose he has purposely corrupted testdbc oracle
> resource and transferred the resource to passive node.
>
> But  we are not sure if one oracle resource in group why the other is
> not starting after transferring the service
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> The logs only specify that oracle resource for testdbc is not running
> , but it does not even attempt to start samtest?

resources in the resource group started in the sequence, so in your case
if testdbc is stopped(for any reason) cluster wouldn't even attempt to
start the "ls_samtest" and "samtest", because they are dependent upon
successful startup of 'testdbc'.

Hope this helps.

Muhammad Sharfuddin
Cell: +92-3332144823 | UAN: +92(21) 111-111-142 ext: 112 | NDS.COM.PK
<http://www.nds.com.pk>