[ClusterLabs] Adding a node to the cluster deployed with "Unicast configuration"

Alejandro Comisario alejandro at nubeliu.com
Mon Apr 10 14:11:21 EDT 2017

Hi, im reviving this thread because of the following.

To add new nodes to the cluster, this procedure works like a charm.
But to take them out, i've assumed the follwing, whitch didnt worked.

* stop corosync/pacemaker on the old node
* update all corosync.conf on the cluster and took the old node of the config
* corosync-cfgtool -R from one of the nodes

But the old node never disappears as OFFLINE.
How can a i take out a node from the cluster and make is dissapear
from the nodes into it ?

best.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Alejandro Comisario
<alejandro at nubeliu.com> wrote:
> Amazing, i will try to do that on ubuntu also and get back to you !
> thanks for the help !
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 5:08 PM, Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Adding node is possible with following process:
>>> - Add node to config file on both existing nodes
>>> - Exec corosync-cfgtool -R (it's enough to exec only on one of nodes)
>>> - Make sure 3rd (new) node has same config as two existing nodes
>>> - Start corosync/pcmk on new node
>>>
>>> This is (more or less) how pcs works. No stopping of corosync is needed.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Honza
>>
>> Ah, noted ... I need to update some upstream docs :-)

>> Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
>

> --
> Alejandrito

Alejandrito