[ClusterLabs] Clusterlabs Summit 2017 - Dates, hotels and other updates

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Thu Apr 6 03:05:56 EDT 2017

Hi everyone!

In case anyone missed the previous emails on this topic, I am working on
arranging another Clusterlabs (formerly Linux HA) Summit, this time in
Nuremberg, Germany. Although I know it presents a bit of a problem for
some people, we have now decided on a pair of dates for the summit. The
unfortunate reality is that Nuremberg is very busy during the summer,
and finding dates that have both a location for the summit as well as
sufficient hotel rooms still available presents a challenge.

The summit will take place on September 6-7, 2017, in the brand new SUSE
office event area.

This page has instructions for how to get there:

https://www.suse.com/company/contact/headquarters/

For anyone flying in, I can recommend flying to Frankfurt and taking the
train from there. The flight from Frankfurt is only 30 minutes, so often
the wait between flights and the flight combined end up taking the same
time as the train.

HOTELS

We have 40 hotel rooms reserved at the Sorat Saxx Hotel at a very good
rate including breakfast and wifi for the duration of the conference
week (September 4-8). If you are interested in grabbing one of these
rooms, please let me know at kgronlund at suse.com before July 10 at the
latest as we need a complete list of names to give to the hotel before
the conference starts.

(more than half of the rooms are already spoken for, so let me know
ASAP)

https://www.sorat-hotels.com/en/hotel/saxx-nuernberg.html

If you plan to book your own accomodation, make sure you do so as soon
as possible. The hotels in Nuremberg tend to fill up early for the
summer season.

ATTENDEE LIST

If you plan to attend, please put your name on the planning wiki! That
way, we have a chance to make sure that there's enough coffee for
everyone. ;)

http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page

CALL FOR TOPICS

For those attending, now is a good time to start thinking about topics
we might cover! If anyone would like to present something, we will have
access to basic equipment like a projector and so on. Again, putting it
on the wiki is the best place for suggestions or opinions as well.

Thank you, and hope to see you there!

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com