[ClusterLabs] [cluster Labs] standby and unstandby commands

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 18:59:58 EST 2016

On 11/25/2016 04:33 PM, Omar Jaber wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> I have cluster contains three  nodes  with different sore  for location
> constrain and  I have  group resource
>
> Running  on the  node  the  have  the highest score  for   location
> constrain when I  try to move  the  resource  from the  node  that have
> the highest sore
>
> To other  node by run command  "pcs cluster standby <hostname for  the
> node that have the  highest  location constrain score>"  the  resource
> stop in the  node  and  fail in new node(the resource still start-fail
> stat periodically )
>
> I thought at the first the  problem  is from different sore but  I
> changed it and  the  problem still exist
>

> And  when I run "pcs  status "  I  see  there  is action failed :
>
> resource_monitor_10000 on hostname for  the new node'not running' (7):
> call=268, status=complete, exitreason='none',
>
>     last-rc-change='Sat Nov 26 00:27:00 2016', queued=0ms, exec=0ms

When Pacemaker starts a resource, it also schedules any recurring
monitor configured for it, immediately after the start returns.

So, it is essential that the resource agent does not return from "start"
until the service is able to pass a "monitor" call. It's possible that
the "start" is returning too soon, and the service still has some
start-up time before it responds to requests. In that case, you'll need
to modify the resource agent.

Other possibilities are that the resource agent is returning success
from start even though the start failed, or that the service is starting
successfully but then immediately crashing.