[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Set a node attribute for multiple nodes with one command

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 15:50:23 EST 2016

On 11/22/2016 04:39 AM, Kostiantyn Ponomarenko wrote:
> Using "shadow cib" in crmsh looks like a good idea, but it doesn't work
> with node attributes set into "status" section of Pacemaker config.
> I wonder it it is possible to make it work that way.
>
> Ken,
>>> start dampening timer
> Could you please elaborate more on this. I don't get how I can set this
> timer.
> Do I need to set this timer for each node?

Dampening is per attribute, so it applies to all nodes. You can set it
when you first create the attribute:

  attrd_updater -n $NAME --update $VALUE --delay $SECONDS

With dampening (delay), the attribute daemon will wait that long between
writes to the CIB. The goal is to reduce I/O activity for frequently
changing attributes, but it could also be handy here.

The --delay will be ignored if the above command is run after the
attribute already exists. You can change it for an already existing
attribute with

  attrd_updater -n $NAME --update-delay --delay $SECONDS

or

  attrd_updater -n $NAME --update-both $VALUE --delay $SECONDS

It's intentionally more trouble to set it on an already-created
attribute, because repeatedly changing the delay will make it useless
(each delay change requires an immediate write). Having a separate
command makes it less likely to be accidental.