[ClusterLabs] Query about resource stickiness

phanidhar prattipati p.phanidhar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:01:57 EST 2016

Thanks for the prompt reply Ken.

In my configuration none of my resource have any node priorities set but in
3 node when one nodes goes down and is added back to the cluster some times
resources are getting struck between newly added node and on other node
where it is presently running after setting resource stickiness to INFINITY
and also sometimes i am getting CPU struck for 30 seconds error message and
reboots the other node.

So want sure if its right way of doing it.

Thanks,
Phanidhar

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:16 AM, Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/17/2016 06:41 PM, phanidhar prattipati wrote:
> > Good Morning All,
> >
> > I have configured HA on 3 nodes and in order to disable automatic fail
> > over i need to set resource stickiness value and not sure how to
> > calculate it. Currently i set it o INFINITY which i believe is not the
> > right way of doing it. Any pointers how to calculate based on the
> > environment set up will be really great help?
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Phanidhar
>
> INFINITY is fine -- many people use that for stickiness.
>
> It's simply a matter of preference. How it matters is when weighing
> against other scores in your configuration.
>
> For example, let's say you have a resource R with a location constraint
> preferring node N, and you have resource stickiness.
>
> If N crashes or is shut down, R will move to another node. When N comes
> back, R will stay on the other node, if the resource stickiness is
> higher than the location constraint's score; it will move back to N, if
> the location constraint's score is higher.
>
> A score of INFINITY means never move back, as long as the new node stays
> up.

Thanks,
Phanidhar
07725162795