[ClusterLabs] Reliable check for "is starting" state of a resource

Kostiantyn Ponomarenko konstantin.ponomarenko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:53:14 EST 2016

Hi folks,

I am looking for a good way of checking if a resource is in "starting"
state.
The thing is - I need to issue a command and I don't want to issue that
command when this particular resource is starting. This resource start can
take up to a few min.
As a note, I am OK with issuing that command if a resource is stopped
(before it starts).

The best I can think of, is to check for an ongoing state transition of a
resource in a loop with "crm_simulate -Ls" command.
But with this approach I need to put the command into a loop, cut
"Transition Summary" part, and then grep for the needed resource.
And even that I have a question if this way is reliable?

Maybe be there is a better way of achieving the same result.

Thank you,
Kostia