[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker not always selecting the right stonith device

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:30:46 EDT 2016

22.07.2016 00:38, Klaus Wenninger пишет:
> On 07/21/2016 06:40 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

>>> guess it worked at the times when pacemaker did fencing via
>>> cluster-glue-code...
>>> A grep for "gethosts" doesn't return much for current pacemaker-sources
>>> apart
>>> from some leftovers in cts.
>>
>> Pacemaker is expected to call fence_legacy which translates "list" into
>> "gethosts". It does it in my case. So it appears a problem of this
>> specific installation.
> As said in some other branch of this discussion I don't have an
> installation with legacy-fencing here at the moment ... the final
> translation to gethosts should be done by the test-binary coming
> from cluster-glue ...

fence_legacy calls "stonith" command which does it.

> But I'm still a little surprised as fence_legacy doesn't mention
> 'list' in the actions-section of the meta-data it creates for the
> legacy-agents.

It does it now

commit 3f2d1b1302adc40d9647e854187b7a85bd38f8fb
Author: Gao,Yan <ygao at suse.com>
Date:   Thu Jun 23 20:53:05 2016 +0200

    Fix: fencing: fence_legacy - Search capable devices by querying them
through "list" action

    Cluster-glue stonith agents have their own parameters for the host
    list. We need to query the devices and get the so-called dynamic-list
    via "stonith -l", which invokes "gethosts" action of the cluster-glue
    stonith agents.

And in the past pacemaker would try both "list" and "hostlist", so it
may be in the version in question "hostlilst" is already removed from
pacemaker but "list" is not yest present in fence_legacy.