[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Pacemaker not always selecting the right stonith device

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:39:19 EDT 2016

21.07.2016 09:49, Ulrich Windl пишет:
> <d82b1b0b-cfde-d478-4287-36b4a81631ac at redhat.com>:
>
> [...]
>> You're right -- if not told otherwise, Pacemaker will query the device
>> for the target list. In this case, the output of "stonith_admin -l"
>
> In sles11 SP4 I see the following (surprising) output:
> "stonith_admin -l" shows the usage message

That's correct.

> "stonith_admin -l any" shows the configured devices, independently
> whether the given name is part of the cluster or no. Even if that
> host does not exist at all the same list is displayed:
>  prm_stonith_sbd:0
>  prm_stonith_sbd
>
> Is that the way it's meant to be?

Well, SBD can in principle fence any node, so yes, I'd say it is. In my
case (stonith:external/ipmi) it returns correct information. I am a bit
surprised that it also does it for non-existing node, but as far as I
understand if agent returns nothing host is not even checked and it is
assumed agent can fence anything.