[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker not always selecting the right stonith device

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:01:28 EDT 2016

19.07.2016 18:24, Klaus Wenninger пишет:
> On 07/19/2016 04:17 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:

>>> Is not pacemaker expected by default to query stonith agent instance
>>> (sorry I do not know proper name for it) for a list of hosts it can
>>> manage? And external/ipmi should return value of "hostname" patameter
>>> here? So the question is why it does not work?
>> You're right -- if not told otherwise, Pacemaker will query the device
>> for the target list. In this case, the output of "stonith_admin -l"
>> suggests it's not returning the desired information. I'm not familiar
>> with the external agents, so I don't know why that would be. I
>> mistakenly assumed it worked similarly to fence_ipmilan ...
>
> guess it worked at the times when pacemaker did fencing via
> cluster-glue-code...
> A grep for "gethosts" doesn't return much for current pacemaker-sources
> apart
> from some leftovers in cts.

Oh oh ... this sounds like a bug, no?

> Which pacemaker-version are you using?

According to original post

root at test123:~# crm_mon -1
Last updated: Mon Jul 18 22:45:00 2016          Last change: Mon Jul 18
20:52:14
2016 by root via cibadmin on pg2
Stack: corosync
Current DC: pg1 (version 1.1.14-70404b0) - partition with quorum
3 nodes and 25 resources configured

Online: [ pg1 pg2 pg3 ]

 p_ston_pg1     (stonith:external/ipmi):        Started pg2
 p_ston_pg2     (stonith:external/ipmi):        Started pg3
 p_ston_pg3     (stonith:external/ipmi):        Started pg1