[Pacemaker] create 2 node cluster with clvm starting with one node

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Thu Sep 24 09:15:24 EDT 2015

Am Donnerstag, 24. September 2015 14:34 CEST, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> schrieb:

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Sven Moeller <smoeller at nichthelfer.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to build a 2 node NFS Cluster based on Pacemaker/Corosync. The Volume used for the filesystem that will be exported by NFS is on a shared storage. I would like to use cLVM on this Volume.
>
> Why do you need cLVM in the first place? Will you be using clustered

> filesystem that allows concurrent access from both nodes?

No, I don't want to use a clustered filesystem. But I want the cluster to be able to lock the active Volume Group (activate exclusively) so that no concurrent access will be possible by activating the LVM Volume Group manually on different node bypassing the cluster, ending up with 2 times mounted FS on 2 different nodes. I don't like corrupted ext3/4 filesystems ;-)

Beside SCSI Locks or activating a cLVM Volume Gorup exclusively I don't know any mechanism to be sure to not mount a Volume twice on different servers.

Sven